The Journal of the Norwegian Nursing Association has translated and published online a study on the organization of 22 care pathways in the Western Norway Regional Health Authority. Organization of care has been measured with the Care Process Self Evaluation Tool (CPSET, Vanhaecht et al, 2007). This 29-item scale is a valid and reliable tool to score the organization of a care process. It has 5 subscales:
1) Patient focused organization
2) Coordination of the care process
3) Communication with patients and family
4) Collaboration with primary care
5) Follow-up of the care process
The study showed that “Norwegian health care personnel find the systematic follow-up of care pathways and the collaboration with the primary health service to be poorer than other organizational areas.” Please find the full text here.